Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Future of This Blog

I don't want to stop blogging. Can't stop, won't stop. I will however be taking a break from blogging about our infertility journey.

I know. That's the whole reason I started this blog.

As we are drawing closer to our IUI and could very soon be pregnant, I don't want people expecting to see the "it failed we're doing another IUI" post, or I DON'T post that and you figure out quite quickly that I am pregnant.

I don't want to keep you out of the loop, but I think for now I will be focusing my writing on other aspects of my life. Right now it seems like this IUI is running our lives, but I do have other things going on that I will primarily focus this blog on for a few months or so.

It will be so hard not to blog if some amazing news happens, and it'll be equally as hard not to blog if nothing happens, but I have many friends and family who keep up with this blog on a regular basis and I don't want to post something on here and then some long lost person of the internet finds something out before I have a chance to tell the people around me.

So, with that being said, I do have some fun things that I have planned going forward with this blog.

A few weeks ago I fell into a really bad place. I spent a whole Saturday just crying and not being able to stop. I couldn't get out of bed. Depression had hit me. Between having to make all of those calls to Caremark and dealing with them, and starting Letrozole for the first time (and having my first ovulation medicine in my system in almost 5 months) I just couldn't take it. It was a low moment. And it was in those moments I realized what I needed. I didn't need to keep pressing "Watch Next Episode" on Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. I didn't need to keep playing games of Spider Solitaire. I didn't even need to go and have a drink. I needed what I always need.

I needed Jesus.

So I called up my best friend, and she instantly said "of course I'll go out with you." So we went to Barnes and Noble(yes we still have a book store near us) and I picked out a new bible. I've had the one I bring to church for years, and I still use it for Sunday Worship. But I made a commitment to God that day. I decided between now and the day that Baby Hyde is born, I will read through the bible cover to cover. I will use this new bible as a clean slate and I have a notebook I won on Instagram I'll be using to take lots of notes throughout the next season of my life. 

I could have 10 months to finish, a year, 5 years. But I want my life to be devoted to Christ, and to raise my children in a Christ centered home. So for me, that means reading and journaling from Genesis to Revolation. 

Each book of the bible I will do a blog post on, so be on the lookout for how each of these books is transforming my life and relationship with God, my family and friends, and husband! 

So keep us in your prayers through these next weeks and months and hopefully we will have a miracle in our near future!

Xoxo
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting news and I can't wait for your upcoming blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Josiah's Birth Story

HE'S HERE HE'S HERE HE'S HERE HE'S HERE HE'S HERE!!!!!!!!!! I am in absolute awe. I'm a mom . Where did the pas...